Bill Quay Farm offers a range of educational opportunities.
For our school visit provision, please click on the SCHOOLS option fr0m the drop-down menu.
Small animal experience onsite visit:
We offer an animal experience where children and/or young adults can learn about our small animals such as our rabbits, guinea pigs, bearded dragon and hissing cockroaches. Children will be able to see and interact with these animals up close and touch all animals.
- 2 hours with a Farming and Education Officer including a small animal experience and tour of the farm: £4.50 per person under 18 with a minimum spend of £45. Maximum 30 participants.
- 1 hour with a Farming and Education Officer for a small animal experience: £3.00 per person under 18 with a minimum spend of £30. There is a maximum of 30 participants.
- For more information call 01914419715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Small animal experience offsite:
We are now able to bring our small animal road show to you! This is ideal for birthday parties and events, we can bring a range of small animals to your event where attendees will be able to interact with, learn about and touch some our smallest and cutest residents
- 1 hour with a Farming and Education Officer including a small animal experience at your desired location; £90 per session with a maximum of 30 participants.
- If you are more than 10 miles from NE10 0UE there may be additional travel costs.
- For more information call 01914419715 or email email@example.com
We also offer:
In conjunction with our education partners at East Durham College's Houghall Campus, Bill Quay Community Farm offers full time education programmes for school leavers and adults. We are currently enrolling for the Level 1 Diploma in Countryside Skills and the Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care. Both of these courses start in September 2015. For more information on these courses, click Here or contact our Education and Training Officer, Kelly Anderson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Quay Community Farm is a 25 acre site which takes a great deal of maintenance. We offer corporations and community groups the opportunity to undertake a number of tasks around the farm, which help make a difference to this community resource. These tasks could involve painting the goat house, weeding the pathways, helping create a new pond, tidying the Willow Wood and many more fun and exciting team-building activities which need undertaking regularly.
Here at Bill Quay Community Farm, we have a wonderful classroom which is used by a variety of groups for informal learning, crafts, environmental studies and much more. Room hire is £40 for half a day and £70 for a full day. If you would like to use our classroom for your group, please call us on 0191 441 9715